A beloved dessert around the world, I always thought that cheesecake is made from cheese until one day I had an amazing blueberry cheesecake at some place. It was then that I realized that this amazing dessert is actually made of cream cheese and cream. Though this is one dessert that is just too much cream for my appetite, I still love it! And had to make it once – and so here it is – mango cheesecake.
Interesting Fact: Unlike many believe, the cheesecake was not originated in New York. As per research, the earliest known recipe of cheesecake might just have been created on the Greek Island of Samos. Supposedly, cheesecake was served to athletes during the first Olympic games as it was considered a good source of energy.
Here, check the recipe!
- 20 Parle G Biscuits
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 200 gms cream cheese
- 100 gms whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk maid
- 1/2 cup fresh mango puree
- 10 gms agar agar
- 20 ml water
- Grind the parle - g biscuits into a coarse powder and add the melted butter to it.
- Combine the biscuit and butter with hands and spread it in a 6 inch spring foam baking pan. Level it using a flat bottomed bowl or a spatula and refrigerate it for at least 30 mins.
- In a separate bowl, take the cream cheese and whipped cream and whip it together. Add the milk maid and whip it once again (Note: Milk maid can be avoided - I added it for a little more sweetness)
- Add the fresh mango puree and gently fold it in the cream cheese mix till the puree is well incorporated.
- Take the agar agar and add it in the water. Bring it to a boil till the agar agar is bloomed fully and then add it to the prepared mango cream cheese mix. Give it a good whisk till it has blended it in well.
- Now pour this prepared mix above the biscuit crumble layer in the spring foam pan.
- Since I wanted to give the top a swirl design, I just added small dollops of fresh mango puree in top in a random fashion and then drove a spoon in a swivelling fashion. You can see the design in the pics.
- Tap the spring foam pan to remove any bubbles. Let the cheesecake mix refrigerate overnight or for 8 hours at least.
- Garnish the cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh mango pieces. Trust me, this is one beautiful dessert to have on your table!