Paratha is the most common and popular breakfast in North India. You might have tried many different kinds of parathas but have you ever tried jackfruit paratha? Yeah, you heard it right 😀
This is my mom’s recipe. These parathas are my personal favorite may be because they are a limited period offer (only available in summer) or we can enjoy them #guilt free as they don’t have so much carbs in them like in aloo paratha. .
In this summer season, raw jackfruits are easily available in the market. Jackfruit is a very good source Vitamin C,many other vitamins and minerals, dietry fibers and potassium so we should try to include it in our diet in every possible way.
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 250 gm raw jackfruit
- 2 tspn chickpea flour
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tspn Ginger paste
- 1/2 tspn garam masala
- 1/4 tspn red chilli powder
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1/2 tspn Cumin powder
- 1 tspn raw mango powder ( amchoor)
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tspn oil
- Salt to taste
- Apply mustard oil on your hands and knife. Peel and cut the raw jack fruit into big pieces.
- Take a pressure cooker and put the chopped jackfruit in it. Add1/2 glass of water and let it boil for 3-4 whistles. Switch off the gas and keep the cooker aside.
- Meanwhile knead a dough with whole wheat flour. Add salt and 1/2 tbsp oil to the dough. Knead thoroughly - The dough should be soft. Once done, keep it aside for resting.
- Now take the boiled jackfruit pieces in a sieve, remove all the water from them and mash them properly.
- Heat about 1 tspn oil in a pan and add onions. Saute the onions till they turn translucent.
- Now add ginger paste and saute for a second. Once done, add the chickpea flour and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Now add all the rest of the spices and salt. Mix everything properly till it comes together and let it cool to room temperature.
- Make small balls with the dough. Roll a ball flat, add about 1 Tspn of stuffing or as required, close the roti and make balls again. Now roll it to make a thick paratha.
- Apply oil on both sides of paratha and cook from the both sides till it turns crispy.
- Serve these hot and yummy jackfruit parathas with butter, curd, sauce/ chutney or pickle.
Enjoy and happy cooking!