I was having this craving for eating eggs or an egg dish since a while now. And I was so happy when my dear Aunt welcomed me to an egg party. Although I was late, she was kind enough to prepare me this amazing Frittata full of veggies.
Well, it looks just like an omelette but much more fluffy; and while I have mostly seen an omelette folded over; frittata is served as it is.
Fun Fact : Frittata is an Italian word derived from the word friggere and roughly means fried.
It’s a really easy and fun recipe by my Aunt. Enjoy it!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- handful chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup green garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1tspn green chillies chopped
- Handful corn kernels
- 1/2 cup colored bellpeppers chopped
- 50 gms grated cheese
- 1 Tbspn butter
- 1.5 tspn oil
- Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet
- Add the chopped green onions and green garlic and stir for a minute.
- Add the herbs and chilli flakes at this point.
- Add the chopped onions and saute for a while.
- Add the bell peppers, corn kernels and spinach and saute for about a minute.
- Add the chopped green chillies.
- Break the eggs and beat the egg yolks well.
- Add the beaten egg yolks in the prepared veggies mix and mix everything well.
- Layer the egg mix will a layer of cheese
- Cover the skillet for about 5 mins or till it is cooked well and golden brown from the bottom. (Check once after 2-3 mins)
- Once the Fritatta is cooked, take it out on a plate with a spatula. Serve hot.
Just like an omelette, you can have this with bread toast – it tastes amazing!