You know it’s amusing how I got the idea of this Salad. The other day I was just browsing through the aisle contents in a supermarket and at the payment counter, I happened to notice two packets of different flavored mayonnaise – and I go like – ‘Mom, let’s buy these two – only 20 bucks, I have a brilliant idea! ‘
My mother has always been apprehensive about using packet goods like mayonnaise but it was that minty cheesy taste that came to my mind when I saw that mint mayonnaise packet – and I realized it could work well as a dressing for a salad. Now that I think of it, I think a lot of chefs must get new recipe ideas while shopping for groceries much as people get unique ideas during their morning routine :p
I can go on about how grocery shopping is like meditation to me but all that for another article, right now we can just concentrate on this salad recipe here – it’s healthy, it’s tasty, it does not require too many ingredients and it’s damn easy to make. Anyone and everyone who lives alone can without any worry or hassle, make this at home – and it will be a perfect meal in itself or a perfect starter salad for a meal 😀
- 1/2 broccoli head (separated into florets)🥦🥦
- 3-4 small potatoes 🥔🥔
- 3-4 small carrots (chopped small) 🥕🥕
- 1 capsicum (chopped small)
- 150 gms home made paneer (cottage cheese) 🧀🧀
- Coriander / Parsley chopped
- Blanch broccoli floret, carrots and green capsicum or bell peppers.
- Boil the potatoes till they are half done.
- Now line a baking tray with butter paper and spread everything - potatoes(remove their skin if you like it that way), broccoli, carrots and capsicum on it.
- Drizzle some oil, salt and pepper and mix all the veggies so that all of them are coated well!
- Pop the tray in a preheated oven and bake for about 25 mins at 180 degrees
- Take out the veggies in a big bowl. Add some paneer (cottage cheese), some coriander/parsley, 1-2 tspn of mayonnaise (I used mint mayonnaise) and just toss everything together!
- Add some mint leaves if you have or mint in the dressing - it will give a different taste all together 😀
You should definitely try adding mint in your dressing and fresh mint leaves and some walnuts – it will enhance the taste and lend a different kind of freshness & crunch to the salad! 😀